Ahead of the Green Boost harvest in September
- September 7, 2021
From eu certified finola seed that was grown on 2 june until we now harvest our 5ha soon in September. Here you see pictures from early harvest and how hemp grows steadily on a southwestern slope in Sodermanland, until the day in September it is time to harvest. The pictures are shown in the order cultivation to final harvest.
Our vision is to actively contribute to a more sustainable world. Our sustainability work begins through our choice of seeds to then sow, harvest and handle our end products in our sustainability work where we certified KRAV grows on our Sörmland arable land. By acting in a socially, ecologically, economically and environmentally sound manner, we promote a healthy lifestyle today and for future generations.
Working with sustainability is one of our strategies. To keep the work together, we have an overall strategy and goals that are linked to different working groups where we can work further with this in our daily work.
The basis for our sustainability work is Agenda 2030 and the 17 global goals that will make the earth a better place. We help where we can influence extra much based on our business. We have therefore specified two main areas; Green Boost Earth where the goal is to reduce the negative impact on the environment and human health and well-being and Green Boost World where we want to increase the positive impact we have on human health through our cbd products which we then extract from the harvest.
Did you know that:
• Hemp is a plant with excellent carbon-binding properties that absorbs approximately ten tonnes of carbon per acre. In fact, some futurists believe that mass planting of hemp and increased use of hemp in the construction industry can offer an unexpected solution to climate change.
• (1 acre = 0.5 hectares) on our 5 ha, we bind 100 tons of carbon dioxide
• We get about 7.5 tons of hemp seeds that we peel with our peeling machine and sell as peeled hemp seeds or hemp seed oil.
• For the 2022 Inflorescences, we are planning a greenhouse for the 2022 season.
• The stem is so strong that it can be reused and used in the construction and textile industry.
• Hemp became the product of the year 2021 also for building materials, see link below.